Learn what to bring to your initial personal injury consultation
If you have been injured in an automobile accident due to someone else’s careless or reckless actions, you probably already know that you deserve compensation. What you may not know is how to go about getting it.
Leaving the matter to the insurance companies really isn’t the best idea—after all, they have to consider their own bottom line as well as your needs when making settlement offers. What you really need to do is get an experienced automobile accident injury attorney like Michael A. Kahn on your side. Attorney Kahn’s only interest in the case is your well-being and your rights, so you can rely on him to fight aggressively and effectively to secure full and fair compensation for your injuries and suffering.
The first step to hiring Attorney Kahn as your car accident injury attorney is to request a free consultation. This initial consultation provides an opportunity to learn about the legal merits of your case and the amount of compensation you may stand to gain. In order for your attorney to provide accurate information, you need to bring as much evidence as possible to your consultation.
Here are some tips to help you prepare for your free car accident injury consultation:
- Request a copy of the police report—If a police report was taken at the scene of the accident it may contain an assignment of liability that could be helpful to your case.
- Bring any photos or video of the scene of the accident—Details in photos or video can be used by accident reconstructionists to help prove who caused the accident.
- Make copies of medical bills—Your medical bills are important for establishing that the accident caused you to suffer injuries and showing the extent of those injuries.
- Print out your most current pay stub—If your injury keeps you from working for any amount of time, you deserve compensation for lost wages, so your attorney needs to see what you earn.
- Write down an account of your experience—Keeping a sort of personal injury diary describing the amount of pain your injuries are causing and how they are affecting your everyday activities will be helpful when calculating pain and suffering.
When you’re ready for your free initial consultation, please call the Law Offices of Michael A. Kahn at (310) 209-1600. We will set up a consultation for you. If you have a strong case for compensation, we will represent you on a “no recovery, no fee” basis so that you only have to pay us after we win your case.