After a car accident, you may be panicked — and rightfully so. Any type of collision can be a traumatic experience. That is why it is important to have a checklist of what to do.
Your first priority should be to stay safe, and get emergency help for yourself and others. After that, follow these simple guidelines.
1. Move off of the roadway to a safe location.
2. Stay at the scene. Leaving could open you up to a criminal charge for hit and run.
3. Call 911 for help if necessary.
4. If there is property damage, call the police.
5. Exchange insurance and other information with the other driver(s), including name, license plate number and driver’s license number.
6. Write down the names and contact information of any witnesses.
7. Take pictures and videos of the scene.
8. Do not admit fault!
9. Do not talk to the other driver’s insurance adjuster.
10. Contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Being in a wreck can be scary. A skilled California car accident attorney can protect your rights and work to get you the compensation that you deserve for your injuries. If you have been hurt in any type of collision, contact the Law Offices of Michael A. Kahn today at (310) 209-1600 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free initial consultation.